Kodava culture believes in respecting and treating their guests as God i.e. in the local language its called as “Athithi Devo Bhava”.
Homestays in Coorg offer the experience of being a guest with the family, sadly which is not possible or available in Hotels. This is one of the reasons why the homestays are growing in a fast phase in India.
The guests get to experience the local cuisine, culture etc. which is different in this part of the world. The hospitality is the best when you consider India.
Homestay offers facilities like bed and breakfast. This will be either in the family home of the host or separate cottage or rooms attached to the family home of the host. Nowadays there are different variations in homestays depending on the location i.e. different themes like Hill View or Riverside or Heritage home of the host. Some Home Stays in Coorg have a theme like no TV/Alcohol / Music these homestays will be near to hill or fall where you can enjoy nature at its best.
Important: Guests who visit or book home stays have to be careful and should select the Homestays according to their preferences or your holidays will be messed up.
Benefits of Home Stays in Coorg:
- Unique or variety of Accommodation: If you are fed up of typical Hotel feel? the best option is Home Stay which will give you variety of different themes, there are endless options like family homes where you get to feel Heritage and culture first hand, Wilderness most of the Home Stays will be located in between the estates of the owners, Hill view, River View etc.
- Local Knowledge: The amount of information and knowledge of the local area will be known to the localities is huge i.e., in this case, will be your Home Stays Host, you will get a complete local knowledge which is not possible to get if you are checking in to a hotel unless you pay for it. This kind of local knowledge is useful to make the most of out of your holiday.
- Personalized Services: Homestays offer limited rooms and this gives an opportunity for the host and guest to mingle, give personalized attention to the guest and share their knowledge about the culture, custom, tradition, way of life of the locals in the area. Some times the Host and the guest bond so much they keep in touch after the go back.
- Unique Activities: As mentioned above Home Stays have limited rooms and owner/ host will give his attention to the guest’s likes/dislikes and go out of the way to help them plan their activities. In Coorg guest can get to go on Coffee estate walk, Trekking option, Campfire, Try out homemade wine etc.
- Home cooked food: Home Stay offers home cooked food which is a huge difference from Hotel. Usually, the food will be local cuisine. Some Home Stay owners even allow the guests to visit their kitchens and help them out to make food. Usually, the food will be custom made according to the taste of the guests. While travelling or on Holiday food plays the main part, if the food is good and lite you will enjoy the holiday.
Home Stays are the best way to stay and enjoy the local culture, custom etc. It’s the best way to immerse yourself in nature and experience Coorg as a local.